Monday, March 15, 2010

The weekend and beginning of a new project...
















What a kick ass weekend! Saturday nights show with Heavier Than Air Flying Machines, Ghost Heart, Moss Folk, and Owl Eater was fantastic. HTAFM debuted our new song and our set seemed to be well recieved by several people. Ghost Heart killed it as usual. Moss Folk was mid-bendingly sweet warming up the crowd with trancy psychadelic noise infused tribal goodness. Had a great night overall and the turnout was very good. Now HTAFM will be on hiatus until we have a completely new setlist to play. Let the writing begin!










Sunday was extremely fun as well when Tim (over at the Venango County blog) and his wife Heather invited the Chance Jones crew over for a potluck dinner. Plenty of great eats and good times to be had. Also, I feel the need to mention the nerdout session between Tim and myself over his righteous comic collection amongst other things. Tim and Heather's 15 mo. old daughter Lily made an appearance toward the end and managed to have a captivated audience as she is simply adoreable. Right after that was Chance Jones practice to get Ryan(Jarrod's fill-in on keys) more acclimated for the shows on Apr. 9 & 10. Practice was a little difficult due to the amount of food I felt the need to eat in one sitting.










Moving on to upcoming things for my gear oriented mind. I started working on a guitar speaker cabinet I had bought from Chance Jones guitarist Justin. It was covered in carpet and, amongst other things, I was looking to change that. I removed the speakers and ripped off the carpet to reveal the wood. I'll temporarily be sanding it down and staining it until I have the time to retolex it. I will also be installing side handles as it has none at this point. A few pics of the beginning of another somewhat long road of modification are the ones hanging out above. One of which features my lovely lady Jessie modeling the cab with a very Mardi Gras-esque mask on. Life is good.










No comments:

Post a Comment