Thursday, December 8, 2011

A New Recorder & Dax Riggs At The Pyramid Scheme

Recently I purchased a Tascam DR-08 digital recorder. It has built in stereo condenser mic capsules the can be positioned different ways for different types of recording. I wanted something portable so I can quickly and easily capture ideas at band rehearsals as well as live performances. Here's what it looks like:






I got to test it out at a show after a few days of receiving it in the mail. The show was Dax Riggs at the Pyramid Scheme and it was great. I managed to get some audio of his set even though the batteries ran out in the middle of it. I haven't done anything to fine tune the audio yet, but it sounds decent straight from the device. Here's the two uncut clips I managed to capture:

Dax Riggs1 PScheme 12 4 11 by buefordwilson

Dax Riggs2 PScheme 12 4 11 by buefordwilson

And here's one track I caught from Grand Rapids' own Haunted Leather:

Haunted Leather Pyramid Scheme 12 4 11 by buefordwilson

I've had a good amount of stuff going on lately and my amount of posts reflect that surely, but I'm going to try to keep up on this better in the future. On another note, I started building my first tube amplifier. This is going to be a long and arduous process, but that's all for another post.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment