Friday, April 16, 2010

The long long weekend and things to come.

Holy goodness. That was a weekend! I had such a great time in Chicago after playing a show with Chance Jones in Kalamazoo at The Strutt, then playing another at The Red Line Tap in Rogers Park on the north side of Chi-town. Got to see my cousin Scott and his wife Courtney as well as hang out with my friend Megan. She was nice enough to let myself and my ladyfriend Jessie stay there while we were in through Tuesday afternoon. I'll have to post some more pictures other than the ones I sent via my phone. What a grand time. I guess we've got another show in Chicago at the Red Line on May 8th, so that should be sweet as well. On a somewhat seperate, but Chance Jones related topic, I heard "Cute With A Knife" being played in the background of a bumper for Michigan Radio's series on Muslims In Michigan. Nobody in the group knew about it, so I wonder if Kaomi Getz had a hand in it. Hmm. In any case, super cool!

In upcoming things, I'm looking forward to getting some of my gear repaired by a well-referenced guy in town. Quite excited about that. I'm also looking into buying an overdrive pedal kit from www.buildyourownclone.com these guys send you a kit with all the fixins and you assemble and solder it together on your own. The demos I've heard online sound sweet and for $95 you can't go wrong. Probably going to get the mosfet upgrade kit as well for $7 more. Need to build a pedalboard soon so I can fit more gear under my feet!

Expunk show is tomorrow night and I'll be able to use my uni-vibe pedal live for the first time. (Thanks Jarrod!) Looking forward to blaring out some jams and kicking down a few drinks with friends.

There's a lot more going on, but I'm done typing for now. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment