Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New show excitement, practices, etc.

Once again, it seems to be hoppin' in the land o' music. Had a really good HTAFM practice last night. Reminded our collective brains of the two newer songs we have and things went well. Also played a few new things trying them out for potential new tunes. Five more to go. Once we get those five written, good ol' Kremo will more than likely be recording a 18 track monster album for us. We'll be recording it mostly live with only vocals being overdubbed. Way excited for that. Our friend Joel Potrykus has taken some footage of us at a show(mostly closeups) and made it black and white with a grainy looking, so once the recording is done,we will be splicing the live video with some government civil defense films to make a couple of music videos. It's a little ways off, which is why I wish I wasn't so excited for it already.

Expunk practice is tomorrow and I'm hoping to work on a song I've written guitar lines for. We didn't get to practice last week, so it'll be fresh and very productive. I can feel it in the air tonight already. I have some great news to share with the guys as well. I am currently letting my brother Ryan's studio borrow most of my microphone collection as a former partner left with a lot of his. This worked out great as I had given Ryan the expunk disc 'Time As Faust' last week and he said they will master it for free for me lending some mics. Yahtzee!!! After expunk practice, I'll be going to the Chance Jones rehearsal space to work on the songs we are covering for the 60's tribute show on May 13th. Great songs, fun times.

Thursday finally brings the show at Billy's with Chance Jones and AB! and Coconut Brown. Can't wait for that as it will be a blowout of a good time.

Got to take it easy on Friday, but Saturday is The Apostles, Lights At Sea and Mean Mother at Mulligans. I've heard good things about Mean Mother and the other two groups are huge favorites of mine on the local scene. All for free with cheap PBR tallboy cans! Dig it.

Lastly, I just got word of Chance Jones playing at The Strutt-organized outdoor festival in Kalamazoo on July 3rd. This is going to be great for at least two reasons.
1. I love playing outdoor shows.
2. Different city to play in at a great venue. The people of The Strutt are fantastic to deal with.
This coupled with the recent news of CJ opening for Man Man on May 11th after our show in Chicago on May 8th makes for a pretty exciting summer calender on top of everything else we already have planned. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment