Monday, November 8, 2010

The Never-Ending Guitar Setup

So I figured I would indulge myself by posting what I have going on at the moment for my guitar setup. Slow news day, I know. Anyhow, I am working on getting a dual amplifier setup going just for tonal fun. That being said, I just need to get an ABY splitter box to be able to run from my pedal board to the two different amps. I stacked everything up the other night and took a picture of it(not how it's going to actually be setup, but I couldn't resist).

Kind of reminds me of a guitar version of an old school big screen television. On top of everything is an Epiphone Valve Jr 5 watt tube amp that I will run through the bottom cabinet which was a custom made cabinet loaded with celestions(can't remember what model of speaker they are). The other amp is a vintage Acoustic 150 solid state head with a matching 6x10 speaker cabinet. That's right, boys and girls. 10 speakers total. I'm not usually one to get into solid state amps, but this old Acoustic sounds really cool. On the right are two of my guitars. One is an Epiphone Les Paul 7 string with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge position and the stock pickup in the neck position. The other is a somewhat recent acquisition that I posted here about before. It's a Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster with a 3 single coil Stratocaster style configuration.

As for the pedal board, here's a list of what's on there in order of signal chain:

Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive(Modded by Eric's Audio Repair)
Russian Big Muff Pi(1998 version 2 I think)
Digitech Whammy reissue
Ernie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb
BBE Sonic Stomp

I used some photo editing software to throw together a detailed picture of what is on my pedal board as I haven't taken a picture yet, so here's that:

Gear rules. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment