Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pedalboard Progress and Speakertown

So the other day I had mentioned that I was going to try my hand at building a guitar effects pedal. Well I did and it was a success. It was a clean boost pedal which apparently is one of the easiest ones to start out on. I also just ordered a T Rex Fuel Tank Jr. so all of the pedals are running on clean efficient power thus reducing a good amount of extraneous noise created from running a lot of pedals/cables. Here's the T Rex unit:





While waiting for the power supply to arrive, I thought it to be a good idea to do some preparatory arrangement work on the board. Here is the board before rearranging commenced:


And here is the board after I removed the cruddy power strip, wall wart adapters, replaced a not so great patch cable, and added my new boost pedal:

 
My Pedal Board: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner>General Guitar Gadgets Stratoblaster Boost Pedal Kit>Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive(Modded)>1998 Russian Sovtek Big Muff Pi(Modded to add a Boss style power jack)>Digitech Whammy Reissue>Ernie Ball Volume/Pan Pedal>Boss DD-3 Digital Delay>Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb>BBE Sonic Stomp

My Guitar Setup: Acoustic 150 w/matching 6x10 cab. Epiphone Valve Junior 5W tube amp. Blackheart Killer Ant 1/2W tube amp head(Modded with Bitmo kit to add pull boost tone knob and direct line out on front). Custom made 4x12 speaker cab loaded with Celestions(can't remember the model of speaker.)
As long as I was taking pedal board shots, I thought I would document Jef's board and get a few shots of the expunk practice space affectionately dubbed "Speakertown."  You'll see why it's called that in the pictures below:

Jef's Pedal Board: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner>Boss PS-2 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay>Boss BD-2 Blues Driver>Boss TR-2 Tremolo>Electro Harmonix Small Clone>Electro Harmonix Small Stone(Vintage)>Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb>Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man>DOD FX52 Classic Fuzz>Dunlop Rotovibe

Jef's Stereo Guitar Rig: Fender Super Six Reverb and Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue.



Northwest corner of Speakertown. Those are Joe's drums on the left.


Southeast corner of Speakertown. Jef's setup on the left and Phil's bass rig on the right. Acoustic head with a 1960s Fender 2x15 cab.
 Many, many more updates to come in the future. Life is good.

1 comment: