Monday, June 14, 2010

Building the Pedalboard and Miscellaneous Stuff

Had a great time at the Local First street fair this past Saturday. Everyone out in the crowd that I talked to said the sound was fantastic. I'm always a fan of playing shows outdoors on a nice day. Had a brutal day at work and then drove directly there to load in, so I think that had something to do with me playing possibly the worst set I can remember technically. I think I was still quite distracted. Other than that, everything and everyone were fantastic that fine evening.

Moving on, the pedal board project has begun. Over the weekend I began purchasing the supplies as follows:
-Sheet of plywood
-Black indoor/outdoor carpet that functions fully as velcro
-Can of spray glue
-Heavy duty metal door handles
-Wood screws

I still need to get some metal trim and metal corner pieces which should round out the raw materials necessary to complete this project. My current pedalboard is a little too small for the pedals I eventually want to get/already have, so this will be a nice change so as not to have to be concerned with spacial issues other than in the sonic realm. Tonight begins the work of cutting the board to size and so on. I'll post work-in-progress pictures as always as I tend to do nerdy documentation like that.

Onto another related topic which would be pedal and amplifier repair. If you have a tube amp, effect pedals, etc. you need to bring them to Eric's Audio Repair for any repair work. This guy is extremely friendly, knowledgable, quick and cheap. He runs his shop out of J & H Automotive garage on the corner of Lake Dr & Diamond. He came highly recommended from Mike Saunders(Farfisa commander in Chance Jones) and I can't sing his praises enough. He fixed up my guitar and Justin's(Guitar commander in Chance Jones) wah pedal quickly and at a great price. I brought down some more stuff of mine and Jeremy's(Bass guitar commander of Chance Jones) today for him to fix. Right now he is working on a vintage Electro Harmonix Small Stone, Russian Big Muff Pi, Epiphone Valve Jr amp, Ernie Ball Volume/Pan Pedal, and a Dunlop Rotovibe. Keep this guy busy. He's local and great. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment