Friday, June 18, 2010

Shows, Various Bands and General Sweetness.

Just found out that Heavier Than Air Flying Machines will be playing the Prospecto Music Festival in September! Chance Jones is playing it already and I'm excited to find out that HTAFM found our way onto one of the nights' bills. On that note, HTAFM has been writing songs(after a couple of months without practice as usual) and tonight we will be putting down demo tracks of the new ones that were not on our previous release. We still have 3 songs and a cover I believe to complete before we can think of going into the studio to record, but progress is progress. The new songs are shaping up to be pretty gnarly, so I'm stoked for that.

Expunk will have a show at Mulligans again soon which I think is July 22nd. The peninsular axe has been sounding great with everything I'm running on my board as well as the amp I'm using. I'm very happy with my current sound and look forward to adding to it's various sonic nuances. Pedalboard is kickin' ass right now too. Love the extra space to fit future pedals. Looking to get a more eclectic mix of brands and sounds. My eye is currently drawn toward this mean tremolo pedal made by the folks at Catalinbread. It's called the Semaphore and it effing rocks every youtube demo of it. (Check out the hot action right here: http://www.catalinbread.com/SemaphoreTremolo.html )

Chance Jones has a show tonight at Mulligans and that will be a load o' fun as usual there.

Go awn n' get it! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment