Friday, June 4, 2010

Outdoor/indoor shows and the guitar

Chance Jones is playing Grand Rapids' Festival of the Arts today at 5:30 on the outer fringe stage by the Federal Building. I always love playing outdoor shows. That being said, the Local First street party is coming up next Saturday which will be a great time as well. Tomorrow brings the expunk show at Jukes which will be a lot of fun for sure. We'll be playing with a band called 'mynewmotto' as well as Moss Folk. I've been honing my guitar effects pedal board over the years(budget-controlled, of course) and it's starting to get somewhere. Obviously there are many many many effects boxes that I would love to get, but my current setup lets me do quite a bit of sound tampering as is. Within the next couple of weeks I will begin work on building my own custom pedal board that will make for much more space(more pedals). I figured I would include a picture I snapped of my recently reorganized board for gearnerd's sake. That would be the image below. On top of that, I'm sanding down my Fender Stratocaster that I've had for 16 years now so I can change the color, pickguard, pickups, etc. Eventually I need to be getting an amp head to go with the 4 x 12 cabinet that I am also refinishing. For now I'm using an Acoustic solid state head with a matching 6 x 10 cabinet. I wasn't too sure about how the solid state would do, but it actually sounds pretty great! The Peninsular axe shall make it's public debut at Jukes for the expunk show as the aforementioned strat is in a state of disrepair. That guitar itself is sounding pretty awesome as well. Life is good.



In the gear nerd spirit, here's a run down of the effects/signal path order of my current setup:
Guitar to Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner--->Dunlop Univibe UV-1 Rotary Speaker Simulator--->Digitech Whammy Reissue Pitchshifter/Harmonizer--->Russian Big Muff Pi Black Box Fuzz Pedal--->Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive--->Boss DD-3 Digital Delay--->Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb out to the amplifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment