Thursday, June 17, 2010

Projects and Recent Aquisitions

What a great couple of days. I got a lot of work done on the pedalboard I've been working on. Just need to put on the metal trim pieces around the edges and then the metal corner pieces. I already placed all but one of my pedals on it and wired it up as it is totally functional now, just needs the finishing touches. I'll post up pictures from beginning to end once it's totally done. Tuesday night found myself and my ol' pal Pure Country picking up an organ that was listed for free on craigslist. What a find! This thing is a technics electronic organ with more buttons, features and do dads than I know what to do with on top of midi in/out, headphone jack, mic input, aux input and various other perks. It's in amazing condition and is fully functional. I took a couple of crappy camera phone pictures of it in the dimly lit rehearsal space which don't do it justice, but I'm posting them anyway. One of the pictures would be ol' Chance Jones himself hammering on the ivory a bit. Once again, what a steal! On Wednesday, my friend Adam and myself paid a visit to a west side pawn shop to shred on some axes. I ended up buying a cheapy cheapy "First Act" Walmarty guitar. I'll be working on gutting it, replacing electronics, pickups, tone/volume pots, and maybe the neck as well. Got it for $60, so who cares, right? Thing actually looks pretty cool. Life is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment