Friday, January 8, 2010

...And Mods For All (Part 2)

So after becoming rather enthused about modifying my Fender Stratocaster with a collection of bells and whistles I stopped to remember that I have a show coming up where I need to use it. This being said, I have decided to temporarily reassign my attention to a guitar my good friend Jef had given to me. It's original color was red and had a Cocteau Twins poster adhered to it with some serious industrial glue. This seemed like a project that I would never get to as it already sat for over a year untouched. The idea was that I wanted to strip it down and mess with some of the edges, bevel the headstock and what have you. This week I finally started work on it and it's going quicker than I had anticipated it would. I do plan on working on the electronics of it, but will save that for a later time. For now it's just body work. I've already done the paint stripping as well as all of the sanding and it's really looking good. Today I begin the staining process which is the fun part I've been waiting to get to. Below are some pictures so far...














































No comments:

Post a Comment