Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shows and Recording

The Billy's show went well last night. We played two 45 minute sets with a short break in between. There was a good selection of songs and everything seemed to sound good(as good as it can from behind the drum set onstage, anyway). We ended the set with 'My Machine' which is one of my favorites to play, so I'm a happy guy. Tonight brings a fun three song show for the 90s tribute show with Justin and Mike from Jones. I should listen to the songs today to learn the drum parts. Not too familiar with Pavement.

On a separate topic, I have worked with my longtime friend John Thompson on some songs he was writing for his album that he's been wanting to release for years under the name Francis Fugue. It started last summer when John came into town from Detroit wanting to have me play drums on a recording of three demo tunes. We haven't been able to work on anything since due to busy schedules and living on opposite sides of the state. That being said, in order to rehearse and record with him I had to take a few vacation days otherwise it would not have been possible. Also, John wanted the drum sound to be as good as possible, so he called up Andy Mitchell at Audiobay recording studio up in Cannonsburg, MI. John recorded there with two previous bands of his and I have recorded there myself with a former band called Joyride years ago for two different albums. It will be great to see Andy again. He's a great talent and a wonderful guy all around. It looks like we will be rehearsing the songs on Feb. 8th & 9th then recording the drum tracks at Audiobay on the 11th. Another great bit of news from John is that Tim Broderick from Ghost Heart will be providing auxiliary percussion during the session too. This makes for a great time guaranteed. Busy and on task as always, but life is good.


Francis Fugue myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/francisfugue

Audio Bay Studios site:
http://www.audiobay1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment