Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Peninsular Guitar Returns Along With Shows

So I got on Craigslist the other day and found a post from a guy that had pickups for sale. They're Duncan Design humbuckers for the bridge and neck positions taken out of a Jagmaster he recently purchased. I met up with him and he sold me both for $25! Not only that, but he gave me a free guitar strap to boot! I love Craigslist. He was a really nice guy on top of it all. Anyhow, now I have a pickup that I can put in place of the stock humbucker that came with the guitar as well as a neck pickup to put in at a later time after I buy a new pick guard and rewire some more. After that, I plan to put on chrome pickup covers on both and move on to replacing the tuners. Much work ahead! Can't wait. Pictures to come once it gets underway. Also, looks like this week brings two unexpected shows on top of the one I already knew about. First is the show at Billy's on Wednesday night with Chance Jones. We usually play at the B.O.B., but instead have AB! & Coconut Brown covering this one for us as the Billy's show was booked far before our contractual agreement. Next, I found out that the show was confirmed for Friday night with expunk for the horror film after party at Sazarac Lounge. One of the horror films features an expunk song called "They Taught Themselves How to Fight." Lastly, I was talking to Justin from Chance Jones yesterday after work and he had forgotten about a 90's tribute show in which he had agreed months back to play three Pavement songs at. This would be Thursday. I don't know any Pavement songs, but he needed a drummer, so I said I would do it. Fun challenge. Somehow I ended up with a full last half of the week. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, what's the number under the Duncan Design humbuckers? HB101?

    ReplyDelete