Monday, January 18, 2010

Did That Just Happen Last Week?

Practice on Sunday. My friend John was in town from Detroit, so we had some drinks at the Meanwhile on Tuesday then went to Rich's house to party and watch The Hangover while eating some delicious food Rich cooked up for us. This went into the wee hours of the morning. Wednesday was without expunk practice in preparation/loading for the Wednesday night B.O.B. show with Chance Jones, which went very well as I said in my previous post. Next up, Thursday night's show at Founders with AB! & Coconut Brown was out of sight. I love watching those guys perform every time. The whole night of music was well received with a lot of people in attendance and a lot of dancing. I had the chance to chat with a few of the guys from AB and there was some great conversations held as they're all really cool cats.

Friday morning was fuzzy and tired from physical exertion and of course a few wobbly pops didn't help that much in the recovering effort. As soon as work was done, I got a few things together and went out for the weekend to Fennville where myself, my lady Jessie and 11 other close friends rented a vacation house. This would ultimately be the pinnacle of debauchery in terms of a party blowout. Plenty of shots, beers, and everything in between. I had such a fantastic time not doing anything but partying at a pretty sweet house with great people.

Coming back into town on Sunday afternoon found me racing to get to my bed for a nap. After not long enough of slumber, it was that time of the week again for Chance Jones practice. Practice went great and Josh had a couple of rough ideas for new songs which sounded great and will no doubtedly end up as fun energetic songs to add to the lengthy backup of live artillery. Those are a ways off, but it's good to feel continuous progress on top of progress. Also, there was much talk of the shows to come this year. I am thrilled to say that Chance Jones looks to be getting our fingers in the collective cookie jar that is th Pacific Northwest with shows in Seattle and Portland sometime this summer! I've never been to that area of the country, so it is indeed an exciting time!

After practice, I stopped over to Jessie's place to drop off an overnight bag she left in my car. This is ironic because I was so worn out I myself was to stay overnight instead of heading home. Three reasons:
1. Jessie's cool.
2. I was exhausted and the bed was comfortable.
3. The television remote was misplaced, thus the channel was stuck on TBS. This meant the feature presentation was The Rock with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage. Very entertaining when doing a mock Connery voice throughout. Irony was present once more when the next movie that came on was Standing Tall with.... yep. The Rock. There were so many hilarious things about this flick that it was actually enjoyable only with someone alongside you with a good sense of humor. Think Mystery Science Theater on a way smaller scale.

I definitely needed last night to decompress especially since work was to come rather early at 7am. Ugh.

Did that just happen last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment