Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Great Saturday Night of Local Music, Some Practices and Prospecto!

I've been pretty busy for the last few days, but wanted to finally get a word in about this past Saturday night. I went out to see the Apostles after I got out of work as they played at this place called Heavy Metal Custom Paint & Fabrication. There were a lot of choppers, motorcycles and hot rods lined up and driving by as it was cruise night for classic cars on 28th St. They played great and I got some good video snippets that I'll be editing together for a video of a song off of their upcoming album.

I then went to Mulligans to catch Ambassador, Charles the Osprey and Shores. It was Shores first show and they killed it. All of the bands were fantastic making it one the finest lineups I have seen in a while. Pretty impressive was the amount of great local music taken in for one night.

Both Sunday night as well as last night brought fun and productive practices for Chance Jones. The new songs are coming along great and we're really tightening up subtle and not so subtle nuances across the map. More out of town shows in October in Ypsilanti, MI and Athens, OH.

Expunk practice last night yielded a demo recording for a new song. We set up a fairly minimal number of mics and it ended up sounding far better than I had expected it to. The song itself sounds amazing. I'm very excited to play it at the upcoming show at Mulligans with Lazy Genius.

Heavier Than Air Flying Machines practice is tonight and hopefully we'll get a new song in the works as we couldn't practice last week. Regardless, we'll at least be able to work on the new ones as well as tightening up a few old ones due to an upcoming show for Prospecto.

Speaking of that, the Prospecto Musical Showcase has released the schedule for band performances and I have never seen such a mind blowing display of talent especially all within 3 days. I'm so excited to catch as much as I can around town on those days. This is going to be bigger than a lot of people think. You can Check out the performance schedule here:

http://prospectogr.com/eventschedule.html

With that being said, I see that Chance Jones is playing at the Intersection Thursday night after Walden Pond followed by Mustard Plug and then The Presidents of The United States of America. Of course, the bum deal is that I know I will be missing a few amazing bands due to them all playing at the same time that night. I will be bouncing around as much as possible to max out my music though. On Friday night, Heavier Than Air Flying Machines will be playing at Hopcat(of all places) with Pistolbrides and Night Toucher. This is the last place I would have ever expected HTAFM to play. Definitely not our type of venue/crowd on the usual night, but Prospecto changes things drastically. I'm excited to play with both groups that night as well. This should be an awesome show. Seeing as how I'm not playing anywhere on Saturday, I am free to roam about the city and soak in as much music as possible. I can handle that. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment