Monday, July 26, 2010

Founders show and tubes galore.

What a weekend. Worked a good 11 hour shift on Saturday as usual then went to the Chance Jones practice space to load drums for the show at Founders with Cabildo and AB! & Coconut Brown. Each band played two 30 minute sets and blew the roof off of the place. Cabildo was amazing and dancetastic with a killer horn section. The crowd was loving it. AB! did their usual thing and hyped the crowd laying down fantastic musicianship and deadly rhymes. I felt the Chance Jones sets went really well too and the crowd seemed to really like it. I knew the show was going to be great, but my mind was blown to smithereens during and after this one. Another great part of it was the great vibe between all of the bands. I got to talk to several members of the other two bands and they were all great guys. I had a blast throughout the whole night as i felt everyone else did as well.

Sunday morning came both fast and furiously. I had a bit of a fuzzy head from the previous nights events, but the Stanley Steemer tubing trip was a must. We went up to Vic's Canoes in Newaygo and had a riot tubing down the Muskegon River. I got to hang out with a few of the guys from the Muskegon shop that I never get to see, yet talk to on a daily basis. Much fun and debauchery was had and it may have been the most perfect weather so far out of the several years I have gone.

Oh yeah. I got a new guitar. It's a Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster and it's the cat's ass. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment