Monday, July 12, 2010

Shows, shows, practice and more shows.

What a great weekend of music. I went out to visit a friend in Muskegon on Saturday night. He lives right by the Blue Note which is a live music venue out there. AB! & Coconut Brown(One of my favorite local G.R. acts) were playing. Unfortunately there weren't that many people there, but they played amazingly as usual. I took a few pictures with my phone just for fun:








The next day was the gulf oil spill benefit show at Billy's Lounge. Many fantastic local acts played and a great time was had by all. I got to see AB! play again as well as a full on freestyle finale assault ending the La Famiglia set. That set was incredibly tight. Chance Jones played a pretty tight and upbeat set at the show and I got to play on my new crash cymbal. Sounds great.

I think I may go play guitar for fun for a little tonight after I fix one of my pedals that went a little wacky. Expunk has practice Wednesday but most of it will consist of moving practice spaces back into G.R. I figured I would try to brush up on a couple things in case we did end up playing as well.

Heavier Than Air Flying Machines will be playing this Friday at Jukes for the Charles The Osprey show. This is very exciting as we will have a few new songs to play and they're sounding great. Hopefully we will begin recording sometime soon. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment