Monday, July 19, 2010

HTAFM Show with Charles The Osprey and a new guitar project.

The show with Charles The Osprey, Wonder Caverns, HTAFM, ans Seth Thompson went really well. We had a good time and got to play three new songs. We played for about 30 minutes which might be a little much as we were pretty much near death by the time we finished. We seem to play everything in excess of 100 m.p.h. at shows and with us not playing many shows at a practice a week(sometimes missing one), I think we're stretching ourselves a little. It was great fun though. All the bands played a great show and fun was had by all.

Next, I had bought a $60 First Act guitar from a pawn shop some weeks ago. This thing needs a lot of work. This is to be expected from a dirt cheap almost toy guitar. So far I have replaced the neck with a telecaster-style neck that I picked up from a guy on craigslist for $50 and installed tuners. The pickups sound as muddy as can be, so I need to replace those as well as all of the electronics(wires and pots alike) and the bridge piece. Before all of that, I need to sand down the face of the headstock as it was painted a cream color when I got it. Why would anyone put this much work into such a cheap crappy guitar? Because I liked the body style and it was $60. Who cares, right? Here's a couple of pictures of the guitar with the new neck on it:



No comments:

Post a Comment